Here is a list of things for you to do in the days before school starts.
With your child, complete the activity each day and cross it off the list. It will not only help get them ready for the tasks of kindergarten it will make the anticipation of first day of school more realistic and give your child something that they can talk about and relate to other children with from day one.
10. Play outside or take a walk
9. Cut something out and glue it to a piece of paper
8. Count to 15
7. Help someone bake or cook something
6. Play a board game
5. Draw a picture of something you did this summer.
4. Write your name with a pencil.
3. Listen to a letter sounds song on youtube like this one: http://youtu.be/QW7N64zsrs0
2. Tell someone your bus number
1. Read a story about school with someone.